Avery has been weened down to 2 liters of flow on her oxygen! Yesterday she was on 4 liters flow. Her billirubin is still down so she doesn't need any lights for now. She is getting her IV out tonight! We are getting so close to being able to begin to breastfeed. I am over the moon about this! She is getting extra calories added to my breast milk to beef her up! She was up to 4 pounds 10 ounces last night. The nurse told me she weighed her 3 times because she didn't believe it!
The neonatologist that is on call for this week said she is doing a great job. He is really impressed with how well she is doing. It is very rare that twins come home together-who knows, she might come home first! Her head ultrasound from yesterday was read as completely normal and this was expected but still a relief.
I got spit up on for the first time today-of course it is going to happen but it happened on a spot where it looks like I had a terrible leak with my milk. I had to giggle a little. She is tolerating feedings so well and is up to 36 mls (a little over 1 ounce!). It makes me feel so good to be able to feed both of my girls and know that they are growing because of what I am pumping. It makes my 3 middle of the night sessions all worth it. I love my little Avery girl. Tomorrow is bath day! She gets to get in a little tub (the pink hospital ones) and everything! Nana is in town to help for two weeks and so Nana is going to help!
She loves her tummy and hands by her face to sleep. She looks so peaceful and snuggly!

No comments:
Post a Comment