Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Brooklynn

Brooklynn is such a peanut! She weighs 3 pounds 4 ounces and the nurse had to weight her last night multiple times, like sister, because she didn't believe it! She has had her feeds increased to 6 ml from 3 ml for the past 5 days. Sister is such a love bug. She loves to be held and her oxygen levels go way up when she is being held. She loves to snuggle and immediately calms down when I am doing skin-to-skin with her!

She loves her paci-but only when she wants to initiate it. She has a mean suck and I am excited to try to breastfeed her. She loves to be swaddled and will be out to the world while she is all cuddled up. When she has her hands and legs out, she moves like crazy. Her nurses call her a little spitfire but she seems to be mellow as can be when I am around...unless people mess with her too much-then she lets you know she is not happy. She doesn't like to be put back in her little crib after being held. Yesterday she had an ultrasound on her head and she was very unhappy. She got herself so worked up that once they swaddled her and put her in her warm crib, she slept ALL DAY!

Brooklynn is under the billi lights again today after her billirubin levels went up just a tad overnight. She should be able to pee and poop all of the nasty stuff away once she is eating more. The ultrasound on her head also came back as normal-another huge relief because as you all know, she was "diagnosed" with a Dandy Walker variant. I say "diagnosed" because I have heard that she has a slight variant and I have also heard that everything is normal. I am not too concerned at this point because time will tell us if we need to explore this more.

This week means a bath will be coming for sister too! She amazes us everyday. I have had to learn that  just because she is tiny doesn't mean she is not making as much (and MORE) than sister. She is on less o2 and will be gaining weight shortly. We are so proud of her-she is one amazing little miracle just like her sister.

I think she looks like she is at the beach, rocking some sunglasses!

It's a dark picture, but I caught a little baby smile. Swoon!
I took her picture with the flash-she was starting to squint!  

(All about Avery is the post below! They each deserved their own today--on their ONE week birthday. What blessings!)

No comments:

Post a Comment