Well, Brooklynn is certainly growing...her weight is still lagging at a tiny 6.6 pounds. Only a 3 ounce gain from last week. She PASSED a room air challenge on Thursday. My mom was wonderful and did the challenge for me since I was working. She was a total rockstar ranging anywhere from 88-95%. Her pediatrician asked how I was feeling about it and I was totally honest with him-I am not ready to give the oxygen or more importantly, the pulse ox back yet. I am not 100% convinced she can be off of oxygen all the time. That night I put her on the pulse ox and she was in the low 80's so I popped the oxygen back on her and she was in the 95-97% range at night. She'll get there-just not yet. So for now she only has it on at night. It is so strange seeing her without it. It is like seeing someone who
always wears glasses all of the sudden not wearing them...something looks different but you can't put your finger on it! :) She's so beautiful. They look so much more alike (although I haven't mixed them up I have tested some of my friends and Bobby-everyone passed!)!! She has another preemie check up this week on Thursday so I am anxious once again to see what her weigh is. We will keep coming back weekly if she doesn't gain more. Come on little pea! Grow!! She gave me her first beautiful smiles (that I felt were 100% intentional!) on Thursday before her appointment. It was wonderful! Her tooth-less grin just warms my heart so much my eyes fill with tears just thinking about it. I guess it is because she is so tiny I still expect things to be really hard for her and expect she is going to be our challenge but she's doing everything Avery is doing-and more. I couldn't be more proud of my girl. They are both so reactive when I pick them up or say their name and I couldn't be more blessed. It is something that makes me feel so good because it comes from
me and I can calm them down and make them happy. I love being a mama.
Aw, they are already sharing. Seriously, I cannot get over this picture. I am so in love.
I'm thinking they'll be best buddies. :)
And sometimes my weekly pictures don't work out not matter how many takes I do!
Our little shining star this week-Brooks!
No comments:
Post a Comment