Wednesday, August 22, 2012

School!

Today was a big day....the first day of preschool for Jake! I decided early on that I wouldn't take him for his first day this year (like I did last year) because it screws him up way too much and he doesn't have the chance to transition as quickly as he would if I just release my parental hesitations and let him go...



So, this morning we got him all ready--we had a talk at breakfast about his class and the bus and even showed him a picture of his class last year because he has the same teachers. We requested that as much stay the same this year as possible. He has amazing teachers and therapists so we were so happy when this was doable. I kissed him goodbye this morning and hoped for the best. Luckily at my job, the second I walk in I let go of everything else. I thought about him right as the clock turned 8:49 (his pick up time) and most of the morning. At my pumping break-about 1:45 I called Kristi to ask how it went and you know what? She answered "Perfectly!" I said, "You can't be talking about MY child." (You know the one, the kicking, screaming, snot-licking, crying child I drop off the in the morning) She said he was awesome to put on the bus and he came off smiling and happy to see Kristi and her incredible husband, Dave. I seriously thank everyone above that these people are in our lives everyday--and that they are with our children, who are the most precious people in our lives. I am so thankful for them. They are unbelievable. I got an email from his teacher that said this:



Bobby decided to get everyone a gift after school every "first day" and tonight Jake was surprised with a HUGE truck and a bunch of matchbox cars. :) He's the best daddy ever.

Oh and a few pics of our other beautiful duo. Love them to pieces. They are still the "it" at daycare.


Not a huge fan of this "rice cereal stuff"!

Sneak peak of their room-love love love it but not entirely finished!

My mom and I went to the Broncos game last weekend. It was just what I needed. XO

No comments:

Post a Comment