Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Jaaaaaaackpot





Bobby said tonight-"We already won Powerball!" and although it was cheesy, he's right. We have hit the jackpot. We are so very, very blessed. Life is good.

The girls are 9 months old today. 9 months. Wow. We have survived 9 months of newborns and infants. It hasn't (and continues) been easy. We wake up still 2 or more times a night for each baby. On top of pumping, I'm up an average of 5 times a night. It's not ideal but it is doable and it is our normal so we are....surviving. I could never do this without Bobby. He is the biggest blessing. I can't imagine how hard this would be to do without him. He is my rock and my sanity. We get...ahem...very frustrated with this situation in the middle of the night but as soon as we see those smiling faces in the morning all is forgotten and we remember that we cannot live without these girls.

9 months of living means that I have been pumping for 9 month. Yes, nine months. I pump at work twice and multiple times at home. I have wanted to give up, on average, 500 times a month. This the hardest thing I have ever done in my entire life. I know it is what is best for the girls and so I continue on. Like a cow-trying not to complain. I plan on pumping through the end of March to give the girls one extra month of milk since they were a bit early and Brooks especially was a bit tiny.

Tomorrow is their 9 month appointment. I know Brooks is over 12 pounds because of her doc appointment a couple of weeks ago but I am dying to know Avery's weight and their percentiles. They both seem small to me but of course Brooklynn seems mirco. Her tiny hands were so beautiful picking up a puff tonight and putting it in her mouth. She defies everything I think she can do. She is rocking therapy. Girl has it goin' on.

Brooklynn's therapist Allison said to me on Monday (as we were talking about speech therapy) that she keeps forgetting this is our first time with speech. We have literally NEVER heard Jake say "dada" and sisters are saying it all day long. It makes me giddy. I love when things happen easily. I wonder if I will ever get tired of saying that. Sisters are so amazing to watch. They are incredible.

Avery is army crawling. She wants any toy around her but give this girl a matchbox car (yes, in case you were wondering, there is schreeeeching from Jake) and she will army crawl like nobody's business. She isn't exactly methodical quite yet but she gets herself where she needs to go. She crosses her legs and puts one leg up and grabs the carpet...it isn't pretty but it is effective. She'll figure it out sooner rather than later. She ate pasta pieces the other day. She loves to chew. I can't wait for the next food to give her. Sissy has some serious stranger anxiety. Ouch. It is so hard to explain to people who don't get it. It's not personal. She just loooooves her mommy and daddy (and Ms. Kristie). It feels good to be loved and needed and I will never have a problem saying that.

Brooks is pivoting all over. She prefers being on her tummy. She flips over in a hot second. You have to watch her. She is a bouncer. Even when she sits (which can be for up to 30 minutes!) she bounces. It's the most adorable thing ever. She is just tiny and precious. I keep thinking that she can't do things and then she just....does. She's my fighter baby.

More tomorrow after their 9 month appointment that I am anxiously awaiting.

Best part...mama gets 1/2 day of work and because their appointment is late I get to enjoy lunch with my wonderful friend-I get some time to myself without work or kids. So happy.

Big brother is the happiest kid on the planet. He is constantly smiling. Even when he was dying choking on a cracker yesterday (which gave me a freaking heart attack) he was still smiling. WHO does that? I had to give him the damn heimlich and he is still smiling. Then he puked on me. Then he cried. I wanted to cry because he was not able to breath and his lips were turning blue and I was pumping (of course) and I had to throw a baby aside to get to him. And because we were in this situation because he insisted on eating cracker after cracker after cracker. My fault. So stressful. He cried and cried and cried and cried and then daddy came home and he cried some more. On a positive note, he has FINALLY learned to kiss with his lips closed. I consider this one of the biggest accomplishments of my life. Legit. I have worked my butt off to get him to kiss without a french. Now I ask him for a kiss one thousand times a day because I love it with my whole heart. He's got game. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment