Sunday, December 30, 2012

10 months old and the most wonderful time of the year!

First, a ton of pictures!

The duo of trouble!


Brooklynn is smiling 95% of the day, she laughs at everything, and is the most mellow child ever. 

Avery is a toy stealer so I figured out the perfect solution--gloves!

Jake's first time crawling in the middle of December. I am so glad I had my camera ready!


Kisses all day for his sisters!

It is impossible to take a picture of all three at the same time looking at the camera!



Brooklynn looking at Santa. Not sure!

Avery too!

Jake, on the other hand, is always smiling for the camera no matter what is going on around him!


He wanted Santa's hat!

Avery was wayyyy past her prime on Christmas Eve! Jammies from Gammy, a fun new Christmas tradition!


Brooklynn is still smiling!

I put Avery is Jake's lap for this picture and a few minutes later he came back to her, scooted behind her, and tried to get her in his lap again. Big Brother fits him nicely (most of the time)!


I have been working on this for a few days...we have been battling colds for everyone. It's been interesting!

Today (I wrote this on the 28th but didn't add pictures until today!) my peanuts are 10 months old! As usual, this month has flown by and it has been a month since I last updated. Things have been crazy and needless to say, I have not been on top of things at all. I never sent Christmas cards, I was late with gifts, and I am still trying to play catch up with things at home.

This has been a fun month-school went until the 21st so I had the weekend before to get ready for Christmas. Nana came to visit at the beginning f the month and it was fun to show off the girls and Jake since it has been a while since she had seen all of them. Nana and Poppy got Jake an iPad for Christmas so he can work on his communication and other goals at school. He lovvvvvves it. He wants to play on it all the time. He has been looking at flash cards mostly and is able to show us certain pictures we ask of him....it is amazing to see! I can't wait for him to learn more and learn how to access the apps by himself. He loves the flashcard that shows a bus. He freaks out every time and has to have a hug from whoever is closest because he cannot contain his excitement! We are just beginning to use a communication program where he can make choices but he is a little confused so I am starting slowly and being very basic with his "choices". I love that I can take/upload pictures of his real things-like food, clothing, and toys. There are literally hundreds of good apps for him right now and we have been having a lot of fun showing him some cool things!

The biggest excitement with Jake is that he is officially CRAWLING! He started randomly one night in early December after he was goofing around and crawling on me-he sort of just went forward. My jaw dropped, I screamed (made Avery cry) and then freaked out! He did it again and again. Now he is a crawling maniac. He thinks he's so funny when he crawls. Now he is doing even more-he is getting up on his knees without support, pulling himself almost all the way up on things, and sits in side-sit position. We have worked for years on this. He never "got" it and then all of a sudden, one day he just did. It has been the most bizarre thing to see him to it and keep doing new things. He looks like he wants to show off for his sisters because he is very concerned that they watch him and that he makes them laugh. He's always had a special relationship with Avery. He is always concerned that she is laughing and smiling and watching him...and he has been teaching her naughty things (like slamming the cupboards)! They are trouble together. Just in the last couple weeks he has been super interested in Brooklynn too! He cracks her up. He was going down the stairs on his bottom yesterday and I have never heard her laugh as hard as she did. It was awesome! She laughs every time he crawls toward her!

The girls are up to a lot. Brooklynn is doing great in therapy. (Remind me never to do thereby when I have all three. It was a joke. Jake wanted to keep hugging Allison, the therapist. Avery was crying unless she was in my lap, and poor Brooklynn was trying to work. She crawled on all fours (with help) all the way across the room without stopping once! Avery is still an army crawling fanatic. She crawls soooo fast when she notices the dog bowl of water. Sister is over there in a hot second. They are both super chatty. Avery says baba, mama, and of course dada and Brooklynn is adding new sounds all the time. She's close to saying mama but her favorite is dada all day long.

Sleeping is still the most challenging part of these two cuties. Last night they only got up once but usually it is two times. Things are getting better slowly. One day they will sleep through the night and I won't have to get up to pump and it will be the best most glorious day ever! They take great naps during the day for the most part, which is a nice little break when I am at home. They are super easy to get to sleep for naps and at night but are not fans of crying it out when they wake up. I feel so awful letting them cry. One night when I tried to let Avery cry, she was going on 45 minutes of crying and I went in because I felt like something was wrong and she needed a clean diaper. Oops. Brooklynn was sleeping in our room for a while and she was doing great but then slowly tarted to wake up ever 2 hours so I put her back in her own room and she slept 7 hours straight. I guess she likes her bed and likes to be with her sister!

Avery is a snuggler. She loves her blanket. She rubs her head in her blanket and is easily rocked to sleep whenever I feel like spoiling her. I don't do it all the time but sometimes when she is having a hard time putting herself to sleep it works like a charm and I love it. She's becoming quite the mama's girl. Some nights I want her to have a hard time going to sleep so I can rock her. It's my favorite.

We had a great Christmas with my parents. It was filled with family, homemade Irish cream, clam chowder, perfect and thoughtful gifts, little babies who all slept through the night and in the morning, a hangover. :) I truly enjoyed every second of this holiday. It was perfect. I feel so lucky and blessed to have my beautiful family. Everyone was so generous and thoughtful to our family and our kids. We are truly so thankful for everyone. Next task-thank you notes! :)

I have two weeks off from work and it has been wonderful. I love not having get up and go in the morning. The last two days I haven't gotten out of the house. It's a lot of work and its been cold. Earlier in the month I got a "twin's first Christmas" ornament from my thoughtful friend Bre! I will treasure it forever and ever. It could not be more perfect. From my longest friend, Stephanie I got a picture of the two of us from her wedding this summer. I love and adore her so much that I will always treasure every picture of us. It is already hanging on our collage of picture in our house. Heather came over and have me the most thoughtful gift...a set of coasters with the most beautiful and precious pictures of my family on them. I don't even want to put a drink on them, they're too beautiful! I am so thankful and blessed to have such thoughtful friends. They really take care of me and are there for me all the time. I love you three! (because I know you're all reading this!)

Next week Bobby has the first part of the week off so I am looking forward to waking up with our three kids and enjoying playing time together. Thursday I am off to have a little more time with my mom. It's been a wonderful month and I can hardly wait to see what 2013 brings to our family!







No comments:

Post a Comment