Thursday, January 10, 2013

Ciao 2012!

Oh hello. We're twins. We're adorable. We know it. 

I always love thinking back on the year when the new year is around the corner. While I can't predict the future, I can say that is has been one interesting, unexpected, tough, but truly amazing year. This time last year I was in the hospital-and now that seems like years and years ago.

I have three beautiful and very happy children and I am with the man I love. Life feels very fulfilling right now.

I just got back to work today. While it was so hard to get up and out of the house this morning, the structure and routine that we have while I am working was greatly missed the last two weeks. The girls (me included) do so well with structure and Jake needed some new toys to play with--as he has been throwing every single toy across the room the last two days. What is frustrating is that he knows better but doesn't want to do it.

Kindergarten registration at my school starts tomorrow and I have a ton to think about--and a lot to wish and hope for. Jake is young. He will be 4 turning 5 in the first few weeks of kindergarten. He has made soooo much progress the last couple of months but I am still questioning if he is really ready to go to kindergarten. I know another year would benefit him so much but he also loses his funding for preschool to be paid for because he is of age to start school. The cost of preschool would be on us and we are strapped-to say the least. Paying for preschool and daycare for all three won't work right now. It might not be possible for him to come to kindergarten full day with me (kinder is not required for full-day) because of funding for an aide for him for the 2nd part of the day. I can look into someone watching him the second part of the day but that is yet another transition for him. I would like him to be with me in 1st grade so I have to decide if the two transitions will be worth it for him. I could also have him go to school at Kristi's home school (not sure what it is) and he would ride the bus, go to school, ride the bus back to her house, and then be with her 1/2 day-which he is already used to but I would be making the switch for him for next year. Then there is our home school-I know nothing about the teachers, the special education program, or anything....and I have no idea how bussing will work but I know they will only bus within a certain area and Kristi's house is not included in that area. I have a million questions and scenarios without a single idea of who to ask. This is so tough. This will be our biggest focus and transition this year and I am terrified.

We have a ton to think about right now and it is exhausting planning for something that is 8 months away.

On a very positive note, I got to see and spend time with Kimberly-my very favorite labor and delivery nurse from Swedish. I love her and had the best time seeing her yesterday. She is so special to me. Avery didn't even flinch with stranger anxiety-just a smile came across her face. She remembers Kimberly, I'm sure of it. :)



My sunshine. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment