Thursday, February 21, 2013

Home!

We are back together again. It was so nice to see my kids playing on the floor when I got home last night. After 6 nights in the hospital, Brooklynn was finally released to come home. The drg is that she is on oxygen 100% of the time. Hopefully when she kicks the rest of the RSV she will not need it during the day but I am not holding my breath for nighttime. I have a feeling it'll take her a while to bounce back since she was so sick. She is taking her medication for her ear infection just fine but always fights having her nose suctioned. Poor babies both are traumatized by the being suctioned. They scream and scream. Luckily they are both easily soothed afterward.

Jake was so excited to have mommy and daddy home together plus his sisters because he kept kissing everyone but it is another transition for him so he was also teary and cried easily last night. He needs a couple of days before he will bounce back to things being "normal" again. This morning he was all smiles and snuggling in our bed.

Bobby is at home with all three. We got a few inches of snow last night and so it was just easier for all three to stay home instead of trying to get two babies, an oxygen tank, and a preschooler out of the house in a descent amount of time. I've been checking in periodically and Bobby says everything is going well-whether it is or not, I think he understands that I will only feel bad and helpless if I hear things aren't going well. He's a great dad and can handle anything, including sucking boogers out-something he was sure he couldn't do but he's figured it out and it quite the expert thanks to some guidance from Kristi!

Last night I slept like the dead. I am so tired today because I slept so deeply in my own bed. It was amazing. I can't wait to get them back to "normal" and go back to working on sleeping through the night. These last 7 days have really put me behind on birthday planning! Instead of adorable invitations, e-invite it is....but at least they were sick before their birthday. What a drag this would have been if this would have happened over their 1st birthday! Everyone will be healthy and ready to go by next Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment