Saturday, September 7, 2013

Time

Time is my worst enemy. Before I know it, another month has passed and I have had little time to do things that are important to me...like update my blog. Working full time and having three moving little people leave little time to turn by back and do what I could do before. And my 8:30 bedtime doesn't help either. I'm just exhausted. Lots is happening at our house right now and it is all happening so quickly that I haven't even had a second to process it before something new happens!

The girls are 18 months old. I can't believe that 18 months ago I didn't have these wild, smart, loving, and damn cute girls in our family. They are usually trying to scheme something at our house. As long as we can be one second in front of all of their thoughts we are ok but the second we turn our back there are bite marks, things pulled and broken, arguing over the same toys, etc. I wouldn't trade it for the world because in between all of the typical 1 1/2 year old fun, there are times of belly laughs, hugs, sharing, and talking to each other in their own little language. I have no idea how they understand each other but they do!! They are saying mama, dada, uh oh, hi, buy-bye, stop and baba pretty consistently and Avery just started to say "Jake" and "Jakey". They are much more interested in talking than signing which is okay with me! Brooklynn has been such a rock star during therapy. That tiny peanut crawls all the way up slides BY HERSELF and goes down over and over. She is starting to run and working on going up and down hills with control. I really never thought of how hard all of this is to do until I watch Brooklynn. It's pretty wild what our bodies just know how to do! Avery loves the swings at the park and would happily sit in them for the whole hour of Brooklynn and Jake's therapy if we let her. She only wants out to switch to another swing. She will stand by a swing and wait forever for someone to put her in and push her. Silly girl-she didn't even like swings until therapy started at the park. It is so mice for her to have time to play while the other two are working. We are going to keep up therapy at the park until the weather gets bad. By the time both are done with therapy it is 6:30 so it makes for late nights on Tuesday. Nothing I wouldn't do to see those two be so successful. They are finally adjusting to Kristi's house and sometimes walk in like they own the place...big personalities in tiny bodies. Brooklynn is being quite the bossy girl with the other kids. She is taking toys and bossing kids around like it's her job. Sister needs a reality check. Brooks isn't thrilled to go home when Daddy picks her up and throws quite the fit about it. Avery is doing great! She's sweet and kind and just happy to be at school. Bedtime routine is my favorite. We say "Time for bed!" and they get their lovey and hand it to us and stand at the gate to go upstairs. They get to the top of the stairs and run right into Jake's room-it takes two of us to draggggg them out of there into their own rooms while they are upset they can't play and then into bed they go. It's the same thing every.single.night. It's starts off so sweet and then ends with crying. When will we learn to shut Jake's door before they get up there? Maybe tonight-but probably not. :)

Avery is 21 lbs 4 oz. and Brooklynn is 18 lbs 4 oz. and still not on the growth chart for weight but she is GROWING and since 15 months she has had a growth spurt. They both have their top two molars (it's been hell) and Avery has one on the bottom while Brooklynn's bottom ones are about to pop through any day (help us!!!!!!). It's awful. They are huge teeth and the girls are whiny and sensitive. We are so thankful they have lovies--we would be screwed without monkey and blanket.

Brooks

Avery put them on by herself.

Brooks

Everyone loves the Red Sox at our house--and the girls love purses too. 

And anyone's shoes. Watch yourself our your shoes will disappear and be on Avery's feet. 

Brooklynn ran into the coffee table. Good fun!

Feeding ducks.

Broncos babies



Brooklynn loves a spoon and bowl but especially loves to rub anything in her hair. It's awesome. 

First BIG ice cream cone. They weren't even that messy. They just loved it and ate it and were done. 

OMG!! I found a monkey "replacement" at work in our library---just in case we ever lose monkey. Best find ever. :) (Thanks Lynn!) She can't live without this guy---thanks to Grammie!


Jake is our golden boy! He started kindergarten two weeks ago and had adjusted SOOO well. I am actually shocked when I see him back and forth book and there is nothing more than "teary at recess otherwise happy all day" notes. We dropped him off the first day and he was walking with his class in his walker and he was smiling and happy and off he went---until he stopped and turned around to look for us. He caught my eye and I couldn't look away-he started crying and so did I. (I was wearing shades so I wouldn't embarrass myself because I was pretty sure I would have a hard time stopping-which I did.) I was just thinking about how out of his comfort zone he was. It happens to all kids yes, but no matter how many times we read the book they made for him with pictures of his teachers and class, I couldn't explain to him what was going to happen the way you can a typical kid. I went to pick him up that day too because we had to go to Denver to pick up his new orthotics-which are amazing-and we had his 5 year appointment. I was waiting for his class to come out and was chatting with some parents and they asked who my kid is and I told them it was Jake, the little boy with the walker, and one mom goes, "Oh I hope he calmed down when he got inside." I knew it was Jake who was screaming as I walked away and I told Bobby too-and there was my confirmation. He came out all smiles though and got to give Mrs. Scherer a high five. Shockingly he didn't try to lean in for a kiss but I am certain hat has happened since. He's a lover, what can I say?

Broncos room!


We found this sign in our tree when we got home one day. Bobby actually asked me if I made it--it is something I would do but no, I didn't make it. :)


Always waving. 


Get out of my way mom-I see a bus. (We all know what is important to him)



Off to his first day. 

Here they come! I couldn't have been more excited to see him.....ever!




Later that day we went to get his fancy new orthotics. They are blue/purple space themed-and super cool!

Then we went to his 5 year appointment. He is 45 lbs and 45 inches tall. He is 75% for both height and weight. 

Here's his first homework assignment and he colored his eyes brown and his family picture-even though he only colored himself. 



No comments:

Post a Comment