Jake had a Veterans Day concert on Tuesday! The 1st graders also sing songs and then they have 50 or so veterans get up and share their rank, years in service, connection to Runyon, etc. and Bobby and I agreed that this was an inspiring and amazing program. Jake was very different this year! Last year the support teachers for the LSS program kids were ons tage too0this year, it was only kids! Jake cried last year and was a complete mess. This year, he sat quietly, didn’t cry-or really talk at all. He participated not the way we would have liked him to participate but it was better than last year!
It is always so hard to see how different he is from everyone else. To have our guy be the only one sitting was really hard. I wanted to cry-but celebrate at the same time. I’m not sure I can explain how that feels.
That's our dude on the right sitting down!
Jake's class did a poem together
So inspiring to hear from ALL of the veterans during the program. So thankful for all they have done for our freedom.



No comments:
Post a Comment