We had a wonderful Easter with Jake! It was too cold to go outside and do an egg hunt but he opened up his Easter basket and tons of other gifts from family (THANK YOU ALL!) and played and played. He loves his Curious George that Nanni got for Jake. It has become a tradition to hug and push his foot (he giggles) all the way to and from daycare. We went out for brunch and had a great time. Because Easter was so late this year everything was blooming so I was lucky to get some amazing spring pictures.
Don't let this face fool you-I took 50 pictures of the exact same face. He was loving it!
Today Jake has been such a lover, appropriate because it is Mother's Day and it feels so good to be a favorite of his on this day! I gave him a hair cut today. It is so hot outside today that only being out for 10 minutes or less made him a little pink! We will have to cut his hair in the shade from now on. I cut his hair the with the same size clippers as Bobby's hair cut so he is sort of a mini me. It is cute and a great cut for summer. I was a little nervous about how short it was but he looks cute-and his head shape is more symmetrical so it doesn't look terrible. :) I did have the typical "oops" moments when I accidentally shaved a line into his hair, like an accidental part of a lightning bolt-I guess I could say it is totally meant to be like that. That might work... and I accidentally cut his ear-it was small and only a little blood. Again, oops. I have more practice ahead of me. Someday I will cut his hair and I will look at it and think perfect (!) instead of, "Oh sh%t! I guess it looks ok, get me a paper towel or something for the blood." That day will come.
Last night the man had a wild night, that we know nothing about. I work up at 6:30 this morning to check up on him and he was laying on the floor across from his bed happily playing with his towel. Let me note that when I put him down at 7:30 the night before he was IN the bed. I have no flipping idea how it happened. He was happy and smiling and flailing his arms and legs all around so I knew he wasn't hurt. I called Bobby to come into his room and as soon as both of us were asking him if he was okay, he burst into tears and was sobbing. We obviously made it worse. So tonight we will try a few different things including a sheet tucked in so he can't kick it off and more pillows on the ground. Again, oops! Hope everyone is having a wonderful Mother's Day! I cannot feel more blessed and thankful to have this little man in my life, the small person who made me a mom. I love you, Jake, more than anything in the world and you make me sooo very happy. XOXO


No comments:
Post a Comment