Thursday, March 15, 2012

2 weeks old!

I cannot believe our little girls are now 2 weeks (and 2 days) old! It is so hard to believe that much time has passed. They are changing each day and it is so exciting seeing them grow! Avery is now 5 pounds 1 ounce! She is taking every other feeding my mouth-sometimes she takes the entire feeding and other times she takes only a partial feeding. In order to leave she has to take very feeding by mouth and she has to eat 90% of her feeds. She is up to and ounce and a half per feeding. She is so much more alert now and makes all kinds of cute noises. :) She had an echo done one her heart yesterday because they heard a heart murmur intermittently and the results came back as normal. Jake had the same thing so I wasn't too worried but it is nice to hear good news.

Brooklynn is up to 3 pounds 12.6 ounces! She will be at 4 pounds before we know it and I can't wait! She is so tiny and I sometimes still feel a little nervous holding her. She is still pretty sleepy. She likes to be held but doesn't like to be fussed with too much. She is starting to nipple the bottle as well-she takes about 15ml every time she tries (which is about 2 times per day depending on how alert she is). When Avery first started she was like this too and then all of a sudden she "woke up" and was alert much more often! When Brooklynn is over 4 pounds I think she will get it. After 4 pounds they will start to turn down the temp in her crib and move her to an open air crib like her sister. She had her first round of vitamins today and it didn't agree with her tummy. She was really upset and uncomfortable which is not how she usually is. She did some kangaroo care with me (skin to skin) and loved it until she threw up her vitamins all over herself, her head, my chest, all down my shirt...it was lovely. And the vitamins smell awful so I have a funky smell coming from me now. What is most important is that she is feeling better so that makes me happy.

This are going really well at home too. Jake has been spoiled (and so have we) the last two weeks having Nana here to help us. It has been so wonderful having a break from full time parenting duties. We will miss Nana when she is gone because of how much help it has been and because Jake been able to be #1! Next week will be a new adjustment and of course when the girls come home it will be another adjustment too. J-man has been awfully goofy the last couple of weeks. He literally laughs at everything and loves to laugh at himself too. His favorite thing right now are his matchbox cars. He loves them! Just like every obsession he has had, he is happiest when he has one-preferably two-cars in his hands. It amazes me how much he can hold in is hands and still grab other things. He is just so adorable. When I set up the pack and play in our room Jake insisted upon putting every car he had around him and his sippy cup and books into the pack and play. I guess it was a good thing that I set it up early so I know what to watch for...little turkey. At Kristie's house he scooted over to a baby in a bouncy seat and rocked the bouncy seat a little too hard (the baby was fine) but again, good to know what we have to keep an eye out for!


One of my favorite pictures of Jake in the hospital is when Heather is holding him for the first time and now we have pictures of her holding Avery too!

And sweet Brooklynn!

I think the girls look so similar in this picture! They are twins for sure!


Brooklynn has been sleeping this way for the past few days. She loves her hands right by her face or when her arm above her head and always on her right side! She doesn't like when they make her lay on her left side (no flat heads here!) so she turns herself to her right side! I wonder how she slept in my tummy...

They take pictures of the girls and put them up in their room. When Avery hit 5 pounds she got this card to celebrate! The picture on the upper left hand side doesn't even look like her-we all have our good sides!

This is Brooklynn picture montage. She also has a picture that doesn't look like her-upper right side. So strange that they can look so different in a picture! Her latest celebration was the lower right picture which says, "I'm still pretty small but at least they let me wear clothes!" 

Jessica texted us this picture a couple nights ago when Avery hit 5 pounds! 





1 comment:

  1. The girls look so beautiful!!! I can't wait to meet them!!! :)

    ReplyDelete